2016 DEADLINES:March 18 Applications closed March 30 Payment due in full
Dorchester County Council
|Dr. Gerrita Postlewait
Charleston County School District
|Sherrie Snipes Williams
Charleston Promise Neighborhood
PARTICIPANT BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- A 5-month program with two sessions per month
- Gain leadership skills that will directly impact current work
- A personalized DISC Leadership Profile Assessment ($225 value)
- Attend a 3-course business etiquette dinner ($150 value)
- Exposure to senior leaders in the Charleston region.
- Building connections within the community.
- Better understanding of business and career growth
- Development and achievement of personal and professional goals.
- Improved communication skills through interactive dialogue with peers and executive
- A complimentary one-on-one session with certified Leadership instructor for an in-depth analysis into participant’s personal leadership style
LEADERSHIP DISCOVERY GOALS:
- Provide a venue for emerging leaders to meet and learn from local executives.
- Connect emerging leaders who share the same goals and that can share professional knowledge and experience.
- Expedite the development of emerging leaders.
- Encourage personal growth, career development, lifestyle enhancement and goal achievement.
- Encourage professionals to be more educated about managing their careers.
- Learn more about what's expected in Leadership Discovery Tips
- Career-driven with a strong focus on professional development
- Employed by your organization or self-employed for at least two years
- Eager to learn from both mentors and peers
- Member of the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce or Charleston Young Professionals
TIME COMMITMENT:The program requires participants to be available for two 2-hour sessions a month. Tentative program dates include:
- Orientation and Leadership Discovery workshop – Wednesday, April 6
- Monthly Planning Sessions – Starting April 12, 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Monthly Mentoring Sessions – Starting April 26, 4th Tuesday of every month
- Graduation & Etiquette Dinner – Tuesday, August 30